Working out has to be one of the hardest things to do for the working woman. If life was simple we would all be fit and healthy with no mention of working out at all. However, that is not our reality. With the grueling act of working out it can seem impossible to complete this task in such a packed day. I have listed some tips that can help you squeeze in your workout during the day.
· Set a schedule – I know we talk about scheduling all the time, but this is still one of the most important things to do, especially when it’s something that we might not look forward to. People tend to have the misconception that you have to work out for long periods of time, which is not the case. If you're consistent with scheduled 15-20 minute workouts you'll get results. I schedule my workouts during the morning to start my day off right!
· Create a workout plan that fits your style - Fitness has become the new “in” thing and we see personal trainers making it look nice and easy. It’s when we compare ourselves to the pros that we end up wearing ourselves out. This is not only discouraging but it's an unrealistic goal. Everyone’s fitness level and body type will be different; therefore you must tailor your workout routine to the lifestyle you live and your level of athletic ability. Remaining healthy is for YOU, not anyone else.
· Find activities that you enjoy – Cardio! We all hate it but it is a must when trying to remain healthy. I find it quite boring to run on a treadmill for 20 minutes to get my cardio in. There are plenty activities you can do that will be fun and also keep you healthy such as playing a sport, playing with your kids or doing exercises outside. Whatever it is make sure it is something that you enjoy!
· Exercise during your lunch break – Most of us will have at least a 30 minute break each day for lunch; use this time to take some steps around your office. If you haven't already implement a health initiative that you and your team can participate in.
· Join a women’s fit club – It is always encouraging to have people who can relate to what you are going thru. Being involved with a group of women who understand your struggles and can share their stories will help you stay focused and uplifted. My favorite club is with Nike.
· Enlist the help of a personal trainer - Work one on one with a professional to develop a program specific to your fitness and nutrition goals. Personal trainers are perfect for people who feel uncomfortable working out in front of others. For the busy women on the go, there is remote training available. Dynasty Fit offers its clients the opportunity to save money and time whether their at home or on a business trip through Skype training.
· Download Mobile Applications – Mobile Apps are a great way to not only find exercise plans that fit your needs but you can also manage your food intake and connect them calorie counting device. When you have a busy schedule you must keep track of everything that you do to ensure that you know your progress and areas in need of improvement. I have listed some of the Apps that I use or have used in the past:
o My Fitness Pal
o Diet Bet
o Nike NTC Training
o Lose IT
o Video Yoga
Ladies, it is very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and continue to workout as much as you can. Remember, to do everything at your own pace and you will be successful at completing everything you set your mind and schedule to. YOU CAN DO IT!